- —The oldest golden treasure in the world was discovered in Bulgaria (the Varna Necropolis) - it is 6,500 years old.
|From a burial mound location in Bulgaria, with some of the world's oldest gold jewelry|
- —Founded in 632, Bulgaria is the contemporary country in Europe with earliest internationally recognized independence (635 AD).
- —The birthplace of the Cyrillic alphabet, the second most widely used alphabet in the world.
- —The inventor of the electronic digital computer John Atanasoff is of Bulgarian descent.
- —In its modern history Bulgaria never lost a flag, captured by an enemy army.
- —The country produces half of the rose oil in the world.
- In many agricultural productions per capita, the country is among the top 10 in the world (tomatoes, peppers, tobacco, sunflower seed, lavender, strawberries and others)
- —A developer of the combined oral contraceptive pill, Carl Djerassi is of Bulgarian descent.
- —World's first digital wristwatch was developed by the Bulgarian Peter Petroff.
To learn more about what Bulgaria can offer you and to learn specifically about home buying around the ancient old capital, Veliko Tarnovo, check out our blogs.